Learn How Shopify Performs in China. Reduces your page-load time in China; All you need to know about CMS and Commerce Techs' performance in China.
Using Shopify in China? We can help.
Our experienced team has the know-how to solve any technical difficulties and ensure your website is optimized for the Chinese market.Get In Touch
Let us help you make the most of Shopify in China.
Shopify is a Canadian e-commerce company that helps businesses quickly build commerce sites and point-of-sale (POS) systems. It powers businesses in over 175 countries. Brands like Allbirds, Gymshark, PepsiCo, and Staples are hosted with Shopify.
ISSUES WITH Shopify SITES IN MAINLAND CHINA
1. Missing China Compliance
Most Shopify sites with custom domains can initially be accessed in China (check if your site is blocked in China using this tool). However, soon the site will be blocked or perform unstably due to being out of China’s Compliance.
To help you understand better, the Chinese government has outlined five obligations companies must follow when hosting their websites in China.
The most common license companies will get to host content in China is – ICP Filing or ICP license, and you can learn more about ICP and how to get it in this post.
2. CDN Performs Poorly in China
Shopify sites use Cloudflare’s Content delivery network (CDN) to distribute the site content globally. It means your images and video content are distributed thru Cloudflare (unless you use a custom CDN service provider for your site).
Keep in mind that if your site loads fast in the west, it does not mean it will load fast in China. Typically Shopify sites take 30+ seconds or are unable to load in China.
Your visitors in China will see a half-load or broken site (like the above diagram). Not sure how your Shopify site loads in China? You can ask us to run a speed test for you or have your team inside China’s firewall tell you how your site load in China.
WHAT CAN WE HELP?
We make Shopify storefronts load fast without rebuilding the sites from scratch. We also help companies to be compliant with China laws and help get the proper license quickly.
ARTICLES RELATED TO SHOPIFY
- China Implements Stricter Regulations on Internet Comment Services
- Breaking Through the Great Firewall: How to Keep Your Online Forms Accessible in China Without ReCAPTCHA
- Tips for Businesses Looking to Sell Products in China: How to Start and Where to Start
- Cross-Border Data Transfers: PIPL vs. GDPR vs. CCPA
- What is data privacy?
- Baidu Tieba - build brand reputation and improve search engine optimization in China!
- Why has my app been deleted from Chinese app stores, and how can I fix it? (2023 Update)
- 15 Tips on How to Make a Website Load Faster
- Baidu vs Google
- Baidu Wangpan Guide
- How To Create A Little Red Book Brand Account And Store?
- How To Sell Products to China via WeChat?
- Top App Stores In China
- How to publish my app in China?
- How to register a .cn domain?
- Trademark registration in China
- Best CDN for China
- Software Copyright Certificates in China
- Deploy Contentful Site in China With 21YunBox (Step-by-Step Guide)
- Does SAP Commerce Cloud Work in China?
- Does Oracle Cloud Work in China?
- Does Liferay Work in China?
- Does Optimizely Work in China?
- Does Bloomreach Work in China?
- Does Adobe Experience Cloud Work in China?
- Does Acquia Work in China?
- Integrate Contentful, Gatsby with 21YunBox
- Does DatoCMS Work in China?
- How to Make Contentful Work in China?
- Does Sitecore Work in China?
- Does Salesforce Commerce Cloud Work in China?
- Does Drupal Work in China?