TLDR; This Vercel China article provides you with a simple solution to get your Vercel powered websites fast, stable, and compliant in China.
What is Vercel?
Vercel (previously called Zeit or now.sh) is a cloud platform that provides static site hosting. It has build-in CI/CD feature which pulls your project’s code from Github and build and deploy it live.
Does Vercel work in China?
No. Although Vercel is not blocked in China, Vercel has no servers in mainland China. As a result, Vercel is unstable and slow for users in China.
Speed test results of websites deployed with Vercel and 21YunBox in China
The color results means: green being faster, and red being extremely slow or even inaccessible. As you can see, the site deployed with Vercel in China performs much slower than 21YunBox.
The project’s source code
Here is the source code we used for above tests. We chose a starter from the Hexo blogging framework.
How to Improve the Access Speed of Vercel in China?
The disadvantages of deploying in these storage providers are obvious: there are some upfront configurations, if you want to utilize continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (Git push automatic build and deploy), you will need more configuration.
If you want a hassle free, CI/CD build-in service, Vercel gives you the ability outside of China, however, it doesn’t work in China, and 21YunBox is the alternative of Vercel in China. See below steps and screencast to show how it works in action.
Steps to Improve Your Vercel powered Website in China
- Signup on 21YunBox
- Authorize 21YunBox to access the code repository you want to deploy
- Use the following values during creation
yarn && hexo deploy
4. Click “Create”
In seconds, your site is builded and deployed live. You can access your project at
app_id is the subodmain you defined during the creation process).
- Shopify China: A Comprehensive Guide to Making Your Store Thrive in the Chinese Market (2024 Updated)
- Best CDN for China
- How to Improve Heroku's Access Speed in China?
- Your Netlify Solution for China
- How to improve Github Pages' Access Speed in China?
- How Much Does It Cost to Host a Website in China?
- Software Copyright Certificates in China
- How to Host Your Website in China (2022)?
- Top 3 University in Asia Use 21YunBox to help their Reach in China
- US Largest Lighter Delivers Site 8x Faster with 21YunBox
- How to Make Airtable Work in China?
- 5 Steps to Make Static Sites Live in China
- How to Make Contentful Work in China?
- How to Make Sanity CMS Work in China?
- How 21YunBox Helped Commune Lifestyle Launch in China
- Cloudinary Alternatives in China
- Best Firebase Alternative for China
- How to Improve Gatsby Cloud's Access Speed in China?
- How to Improve the Access Speed of Surge.sh in China?
- How to Make Netlify Work in China?
Shopify China: A Comprehensive Guide to Making Your Store Thrive in the Chinese Market (2024 Updated)
Jan 7, 2024
Unleashing Heroku's Full Potential in China for Web Applications: A Practical Guide (2023 Update)
Dec 3, 2023
Your Ultimate Guide to Launching Apps on Huawei, Xiaomi, Oppo, Vivo, and Tencent Stores
Dec 1, 2023
Unlocking Success: A Comprehensive Guide to B2B Marketing in China
Nov 17, 2023
How to Successfully Launch Your WeChat Mini Program or Game in China (2023 Updated)
Nov 11, 2023