TL;DR This quick guide gives insights into how to get a .cn domain in China.
.CN domain registration
Anyone can register a .cn domain. You can register a .CN domain at GoDaddy or Alibaba Cloud. However, when you try to use the domain, there is an additional procedure: Real Name Validation or Real Name Verification. This is required by CNNIC (China Internet Network Information Center).
Real Name Validation
To start using your .cn domain, You’ll need to submit a copy of valid documentation to CNNIC. Typically, one of the following documents is needed:
A valid resident ID, temporary resident ID, business license, or organization code certificate from China.
A valid resident ID, passport, or business license from Hong Kong, Taiwan, or Macau.
A valid passport.
ICP Filing or ICP License
If you plan to host your site inside China’s Firewall, you need to submit an ICP Filing as well, and this guide gives you a high level of how to get your ICP License. Keep in mind Chinese ID or Chinese business license is needed. Or you can partner with us to leverage our help to get your site hosted in China.
How can we help you?
Contact us today, and our experts will help you get a .cn domain by partnering with us. We help companies’ apps and websites perform faster and fully compliant in China.
Clients like Bottega Veneta, Ethereum, Netlify, and many others have partnered with us to support their services and clients in China.
- Top App Stores In China
- How to publish my app in China?
- Trademark registration in China
- How to Do Baidu SEO (Search Engine Optimization) Ultimate Guide 2023
- Best CDN for China
- China SEO Guide (2022 Updated)
- What is the China ICP License, and How do I get one?
- Your Netlify Solution for China
- How To Get an ICP License In China?
- How Much Does It Cost to Host a Website in China?
- Software Copyright Certificates in China
- Didi fined $1.2 billion for breaking China Data Security Laws
- 5 Obligations You Must Follow To Make Your Website Compliant With Chinese Law
- Does Vimeo Work in China?
- How to Make Your E-commerce Site Compliant with China's GDPR
- The Impact of China's New Personal Privacy Law on International Organizations
- Untold facts about ICP for China and why you should get it.
- 5 Steps to Make Static Sites Live in China
- ICP Filing (aka Domain Name Filing, Website Filing)
- ICP Getting Started
- Top-level domain Available for China ICP Filing
- DNS Configuration for Sites Deployed with 21YunBox
Top App Stores In China
Dec 22, 2022
How to publish my app in China?
Dec 21, 2022
China Measures for the Administration of Internet Posting and Commenting Services
Dec 15, 2022
Trademark registration in China
Dec 13, 2022