TL;DR This quick guide gives insights into how to get a .cn domain in China.
.CN domain registration
Anyone can register a .cn domain. You can register a .CN domain at GoDaddy or Alibaba Cloud. However, when you try to use the domain, there is an additional procedure: Real Name Validation or Real Name Verification. This is required by CNNIC (China Internet Network Information Center).
Real Name Validation
To start using your .cn domain, You’ll need to submit a copy of valid documentation to CNNIC. Typically, one of the following documents is needed:
A valid resident ID, temporary resident ID, business license, or organization code certificate from China.
A valid resident ID, passport, or business license from Hong Kong, Taiwan, or Macau.
A valid passport.
ICP Filing or ICP License
If you plan to host your site inside China’s Firewall, you need to submit an ICP Filing as well, and this guide gives you a high level of how to get your ICP License. Keep in mind Chinese ID or Chinese business license is needed. Or you can partner with us to leverage our help to get your site hosted in China.
How can we help you?
Contact us today, and our experts will help you get a .cn domain by partnering with us. We help companies’ apps and websites perform faster and fully compliant in China.
Clients like Bottega Veneta, Ethereum, Netlify, and many others have partnered with us to support their services and clients in China.
- How to Successfully Launch Your WeChat Mini Program or Game in China (2023 Updated)
- Achieving China Compliance: A Guide to Filing Trademarks
- Translating Your App for the Chinese Market: A Comprehensive Guide to Ensuring Compliance
- How to Ensure Your Mobile App or Game Complies with Chinese Regulations
- How To Obtain a Mobile App ICP Filing Number in China
- How To Publish My Game In China
- Content Restrictions and Requirements For Publishing Games In China
- Mobile App ICP Filing Process Unveiled by Ministry of Industry and Information Technology
- China Implements Stricter Regulations on Internet Comment Services
- Breaking Through the Great Firewall: How to Keep Your Online Forms Accessible in China Without ReCAPTCHA
- Tips for Businesses Looking to Sell Products in China: How to Start and Where to Start
- Cross-Border Data Transfers: PIPL vs. GDPR vs. CCPA
- What is data privacy?
- Baidu Tieba - build brand reputation and improve search engine optimization in China!
- A Guide to Baidu PPC Advertising in China 2023
- Why has my app been deleted from Chinese app stores, and how can I fix it? (2023 Update)
- 15 Tips on How to Make a Website Load Faster
- Baidu vs Google
- Baidu Wangpan Guide
- How To Create A Little Red Book Brand Account And Store?
- How To Sell Products to China via WeChat?
- China SEO Guide (2023 Updated)
- Top App Stores In China
- How to Publish My Mobile App in China: A Comprehensive Guide
- Trademark registration in China
- How to Do Baidu SEO (Baidu Search Engine Optimization) Ultimate Guide 2023
- Best CDN for China
- What is the China ICP License, and How do I get one?
- Your Netlify Solution for China
- How To Get an ICP (B25) License In China?
- How Much Does It Cost to Host a Website in China?
- Software Copyright Certificates in China
- Didi fined $1.2 billion for breaking China Data Security Laws
- 5 Obligations You Must Follow To Make Your Website Compliant With Chinese Law
- Does Vimeo Work in China?
- How to Make Your E-commerce Site Compliant with China's GDPR
- The Impact of China's New Personal Privacy Law on International Organizations
- Untold facts about ICP for China and why you should get it.
- 5 Steps to Make Static Sites Live in China
- ICP Filing (aka Domain Name Filing, Website Filing)
- ICP Getting Started
- Top-level domain Available for China ICP Filing
- DNS Configuration for Sites Deployed with 21YunBox
Unlocking Success: A Comprehensive Guide to B2B Marketing in China
Nov 17, 2023
How to Successfully Launch Your WeChat Mini Program or Game in China (2023 Updated)
Nov 11, 2023
Comprehensive Guide: Testing Your App in China
Nov 1, 2023
Choosing Between CDN and 21YunBox: Navigating the Chinese Market
Oct 27, 2023
Launching Software As A Service (SaaS) In China
Oct 26, 2023