What is Weibo and how to get started
Weibo, also known as 微博 or 新浪微博, is the second largest social media platform in China.
Weibo, also known as Sina Weibo, 微博 or 新浪微博, is the second largest social media platform in China. The name Weibo in Chinese directly translates to “microblogging” and is often compared to Twitter.
Launched by Sina Corporation in 2009, Weibo has over 550 million monthly active users as of 2020. It is widely used by various organizations and individuals, from celebrities to government officials, to share the latest news. With a huge user base, this platform has incredible marketing potential yet has yet to be known by businesses outside of China.
How To Get Started On Weibo
The Weibo app is straightforward to use in English and compatible with iOS and Android devices, it also has an international version. Download the Weibo app, or sign up here and select ‘English’ in the bottom right corner of the language menu to sign up to Weibo in English.
If you’d prefer to use Weibo in English via a computer, just go to Weibo.com and enter your login details on the right-hand side of the page.
Businesses and organizations can sign up as official account users via email addresses and register for an official Weibo name.
Weibo has a verification system that gives users more authority over their content. You can verify as one of the below accounts: Blue V for verified organization Yellow V for verified individuals Red V for verified media and celebrities
However, you’ll need a business license or an ID card to verify your account as an Official account.
Do not have a Chinese entity, Chinese phone number or Chinese ID? We can help!
If you do not have a Chinese entity, Chinese ID, or Chinese phone number, which is essential to use WeChat Pay, 21YunBox is here to help.
We can provide the necessary supporting documents to use WeChat Pay and walk you through the process. Meanwhile, we will also bring your company, product, and service into full compliance with Chinese law.
Contact us now to learn more about our solutions for doing business in China legitimately!
ARTICLES RELATED TO WEIBO
- China Implements Stricter Regulations on Internet Comment Services
- Breaking Through the Great Firewall: How to Keep Your Online Forms Accessible in China Without ReCAPTCHA
- Tips for Businesses Looking to Sell Products in China: How to Start and Where to Start
- Cross-Border Data Transfers: PIPL vs. GDPR vs. CCPA
- What is data privacy?
- Baidu Tieba - build brand reputation and improve search engine optimization in China!
- Why has my app been deleted from Chinese app stores, and how can I fix it? (2023 Update)
- 15 Tips on How to Make a Website Load Faster
- Baidu vs Google
- Baidu Wangpan Guide
- How To Create A Little Red Book Brand Account And Store?
- How To Sell Products to China via WeChat?
- Top App Stores in China
- How to Publish My Mobile App in China: A Comprehensive Guide
- How to register a .cn domain?
- Trademark registration in China
- Best CDN for China
- Software Copyright Certificates in China