What is Meituan and how to get started
Meituan, also known as Meituan-Dianping, 美团, 美团点评, is a leading Chinese O2O (online-to-offline) local life service platform best-known for its on-demand food delivery service.
Meituan, also known as Meituan-Dianping, 美团, 美团点评, is a leading Chinese O2O (online-to-offline) local life service platform with a market share of 62%, connecting over 240 million consumers and 5 million local merchants.
Meituan & Dianping were two separate entities until 2015 - the prior focused on food delivery, and the latter on restaurant reviews. Meituan-Dianping has since become an all-in-one Super App, providing third-party services in hotels, local attractions, movies, entertainment, etc.
How To Get Started On Meituan
If you are in the food, entertainment, or tourism-related businesses, Meituan is a must for you to reach local Chinese customers based on cities.
To get started, create an account here, and select your category accordingly.
Then submit your business information, including your business license, payment information, ID card, the number of your contact person, and a photo of your storefront (if applicable).
Wait for Meituan’s verification which typically takes 1 to 3 business days.
Cost To Sell On Meituan
Meituan charges a commission per transaction depending on the category of your business. You can also pay for add-on marketing services, such as pay-per-click ads, free giveaways, etc., to help you attract more customers.
Do not have a Chinese entity, Chinese phone number or Chinese ID? We can help!
If you do not have a Chinese entity, Chinese ID, or Chinese phone number, which is essential to get started on Meituan, 21YunBox is here to help.
We can provide the necessary supporting documents to get started on Meituan and walk you through the process. Meanwhile, we will also bring your company, product, and service into full compliance with Chinese law.
Contact us now to learn more about our solutions for doing business in China legitimately!
ARTICLES RELATED TO MEITUAN
- Breaking Through the Great Firewall: How to Keep Your Online Forms Accessible in China Without ReCAPTCHA
- Tips for Businesses Looking to Sell Products in China: How to Start and Where to Start
- Cross-Border Data Transfers: PIPL vs. GDPR vs. CCPA
- What is data privacy?
- Baidu Tieba - build brand reputation and improve search engine optimization in China!
- Why has my app been deleted from Chinese app stores, and how can I fix it? (2023 Update)
- 15 Tips on How to Make a Website Load Faster
- Baidu vs Google
- Baidu Wangpan Guide
- How To Create A Little Red Book Brand Account And Store?
- How To Sell Products to China via WeChat?
- Top App Stores In China
- How to publish my app in China?
- How to register a .cn domain?
- Trademark registration in China
- Best CDN for China
- Software Copyright Certificates in China
Ready to Accelerate Your Site in China Legitimately?
Join 21YunBox and the 5,000+ developers and enterprises to use modern deployment technologyGet Started
Launch Your Site in China with Confidence