What is Cloudinary?
Cloudinary is an end-to-end image and video-management solution for websites and mobile apps. They cover data from image and video uploads, storage, manipulations, optimizations to delivery.
Does Cloudinary’s CDNs Work in China?
We consulted with Cloudinary’s technical team regarding a solution for improving access speed in China with their service, below is a screenshot of their response.
Simply put, Cloudinary’s only solution for China will require a subscription to their Enterprise Premium Package. Their solution to access Chinese CDNs will cost upwards of $30,000 USD per year.
Cloudinary Case Study
As a case study, we used a media asset being hosted by Cloudinary servers using a regular account. Below are speed test results of the Cloudinary media asset link across mainland China.
As you can tell, the access speed from Cloudinary managed data are very slow and in some regions unaccessible. These slow speeds can be attributed to Cloudinary’s lack of content delivery network (CDN) nodes inside of China.
IMPORTANT: If you are a developer working outside of China, it can be difficult to observe the speed when visiting your site abroad. To check your sites performance in China, feel free to reachout and our team is happy to provide a free full speed test.
Best Alternative to Cloudinary in China
There are many Cloudinary’s alternatives in China such as AWS S3 China, it gives you full control how you want to host your assets. As of writing this blog, AWS S3 in China only has two regions. So when you host your assets with S3 in China, you might not get full 31 provinces and municipalities in China up to a usable speed.
On the other hand, 21YunBox provides CDNs by default without additional cost, which means you don’t need to do extra work, when you build your website through 21YunBox Build, all your build artifacts will be served in all of the 31 provinces and municipalities in China.
For a 21YunBox case study, we used a media asset link from a current user, Ethereum China’s to run a similar speed test to the test above.
As you can see, the media assets hosted on 21YunBox’s local CDN nodes drastically improved the access speeds across China, which also helped to improve Ethereum’s SEO keyword ranking over night.
Get Started with 21YunBox
If you have a web development background, please refer our documentation to get your websites setup on Chinese CDN.
Don’t have development background? Share this article with your web development agency or in-house technical team. They will be able to get you equipped with 21YunBox’s local and fast CDNs in minutes.
Avoiding Pitfalls in China
When launching a site in China, your team will face some localized challenges. 21YunBox makes it easier with the technologies that your in-house or external teams are already familiar with.
If you are unsure if your website has any load or compatibility issues, we are happy to help. Just contact us for a free consultation.
- How to make Shopify work in China?(2023 Updated)
- Best CDN for China
- How to Improve Heroku's Access Speed in China?
- Your Netlify Solution for China
- How to improve Github Pages' Access Speed in China?
- How Much Does It Cost to Host a Website in China?
- Software Copyright Certificates in China
- How to Host Your Website in China (2022)?
- Top 3 University in Asia Use 21YunBox to help their Reach in China
- US Largest Lighter Delivers Site 8x Faster with 21YunBox
- How to Make Airtable Work in China?
- 5 Steps to Make Static Sites Live in China
- How to Make Contentful Work in China?
- How to Make Sanity CMS Work in China?
- How 21YunBox Helped Commune Lifestyle Launch in China
- Alternatives to Sanity CMS in China
- Best Firebase Alternative for China
- How to Improve Gatsby Cloud's Access Speed in China?
- How to Improve the Access Speed of Surge.sh in China?
- How to Make Netlify Work in China?
- How to Improve the Access Speed of Vercel in China?
How To Publish My Game In China
Sep 18, 2023
Content Restrictions and Requirements For Publishing Games In China
Sep 5, 2023
China Health Gaming Advisory
Sep 2, 2023
Method for Determining Illegal and Improper Collection and Use of Personal Information by Apps
Sep 2, 2023
Notice on Preventing Minors from Addiction to Online Games
Sep 1, 2023