China’s netizens surfed the Internet for 29.5 hours per week, and 99.6% of netizens used mobile phones to surf the Internet!
China Internet Network Information Center (CNNIC) recently released the 50th “Statistical Report on the Development of China’s Internet” in Beijing on Aug 31st, 2022. The report shows that as of June 2022, the number of netizens in the country was 1.051 billion, and the Internet penetration rate reached 74.4%.
According to the CNNIC Report, the scale of netizens in China has continued to increase, and the network access environment has become more diverse. The CNNIC report shows that the number of netizens in China has grown by 19.19 million compared with December 2021, and the Internet penetration rate has increased by 1.4% compared with December 2021.
In terms of network access environment, netizens surfed the Internet for 29.5 hours per week, and 99.6% of netizens used mobile phones to surf the Internet!
In addition, Internet applications continue to develop. Among them, short videos have had the most apparent growth. According to The Report, as of June 2022, the number of short video users in China reached 962 million, an increase of 28.05 million compared with December 2021, accounting for 91.5% of the total netizens. The scale of online live broadcast users reached 716 million, an increase from December 2021 to 12.9 million, accounting for 68.1% of the total netizens.
It is not easy to get into the Chinese market, however, once you get in and follow a suitable method, you could gain much from this enormous market. If you are interested in this subject and need more information, we will be glad to help you tackle this great market. Do not hesitate to Contact us and schedule a call with one of our experts!
- China Health Gaming Advisory
- Method for Determining Illegal and Improper Collection and Use of Personal Information by Apps
- Notice on Preventing Minors from Addiction to Online Games
- Mobile Game Content Standards
- Approval for the Publication of Electronic Games Authorized by Overseas Copyright Holders
- China Measures for the Administration of Internet Posting and Commenting Services
- China Measures for the Administration of Internet Information Services
- China Data Security Law (Latest)
- China PIPL (Personal Information Protection Law)
- China Cybersecurity Review Measures (2021)
- Does Vimeo Work in China?
- Does PageSpeed Insights Work in China?
- How to Host Your Website in China (2022)?
- Does Chinafy work in China?
- Does Firebase Work in China?
- Does SAP Commerce Cloud Work in China?
- Does Oracle Cloud Work in China?
- Does Bloomreach Work in China?
- How to Deploy Gatsby Static Sites in China (A Step-by-Step Guide)
How To Publish My Game In China
Sep 18, 2023
Content Restrictions and Requirements For Publishing Games In China
Sep 5, 2023
China Health Gaming Advisory
Sep 2, 2023
Method for Determining Illegal and Improper Collection and Use of Personal Information by Apps
Sep 2, 2023
Notice on Preventing Minors from Addiction to Online Games
Sep 1, 2023