- Step 1: Apply for the Filing Service Number
- Step 2: Resolve the domain name to the 21YunBox domestic server
- Step 3: Go to the Alibaba Cloud filing system for filing (i.e., ICP filing)
- Step 4: Once the ICP filing is successful, the filing number issued by the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology will be added to the footer of the website for publicity
According to the requirements of the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology of the People’s Republic of China, any domain name resolved to a domestic Chinese server must complete ICP Filing.
Here are the steps to file ICP application:
- Apply for the filing service number
- Resolve the domain name to the 21YunBox domestic server
- Go to the Alibaba Cloud filing system for filing (ie ICP filing)
- Once the ICP filing is successful, the filing number issued by the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology will be added to the footer of the website for publicity
- The network service provider of 21YunBox is Alibaba Cloud. If you need to go to Alibaba Cloud to complete the filing.
- Some domain name suffixes are currently not supported for filing, please check the domain name suffixes available for filing provided by the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology
Step 1: Apply for the Filing Service Number
Please read the following steps before applying for the filing service number:
The registration service number is valid for one week.
The domain name that needs to be filed has passed the real-name authentication.
The real-name authentication subject of the domain name that needs to be filed is the same as the subject to be filed. If they are inconsistent, you need to wait 3-5 working days to complete the real-name authentication modification.
If the real-name authentication has just been passed, the data of the domain name registry may not be updated immediately. It is recommended to apply for the record after 4 days.
Subscribe to 21YunBox Starter or above subscription plan, purchase a Filing Service Number corresponds to a first-level custom domain name. If you need to deploy multiple websites and use a custom domain name, please contact us for consultation.
If all the above are confirmed, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org in the following format:
Email subject: [Your Site Name] ICP Filing application Email body: - 21YunBox account (email): - 21YunBox subdomain name: - Custom domain name: - Business entity name: - Business entity location (province, city): - Site description: - Whether the real-name authentication subject of the applied domain name is consistent with the subject to be filed: - How many times apply for the Filing Service Number:
Note: If the real-name authentication information of your domain name is inconsistent with the subject information of the record, the record order will not be submitted or the record review will fail. As a result, the filing service number provided by 21YunBox cannot be used.
Example: (modify the content according to your situation)
Recipient: email@example.com Email subject: [XXX] Filing application Email body: - 21YunBox Account: firstname.lastname@example.org - 21YunBox subdomain name: your-site.21cloudbox.com - Custom domain name: your-site.com - Business entity name: XXXX Limited. - Business entity location: XX City, XX Province - Site description: this is the landing page for 21YunBox. - Whether the real-name authentication subject of the applied domain name is consistent with the subject to be filed: The same, it is XXXX Limited. - How many times to apply for the Filing Service Number: The first time
Step 2: Resolve the domain name to the 21YunBox domestic server
Assuming your domain name is
www.your-company.com, you need to add a domain name resolution record to your domain registrar. Learn more on DNS Configuration.
Note: The content of the website will be temporarily blocked until the domain name is resolved to the domestic server of 21YunBox until the filing is successful. This is a normal situation, please don’t worry, after successful filing, it will be automatically unblocked and can be used normally. Usually it is the “This website is temporarily unavailable” page. Warm reminder:
Step 3: Go to the Alibaba Cloud filing system for filing (i.e., ICP filing)
After receiving the filing service number provided by 21YunBox, please go to the Alibaba Cloud filing system to register an account or log in directly .
According to the your situation, carry out the filing operation. It is strongly recommended to check the following tutorials to reduce the possibility of failing the review. Please choose the following registration process according to your domain name registration situation:
- Filed in Alibaba Cloud for the first time
- The Business Entity of the record was originally filed in Alibaba Cloud , and a new website was added under the main body of the record
- The original filing entity is not in Alibaba Cloud , and a new website is added under the filing entity
The following is the process of filing in Alibaba Cloud for the first time.
After logging in, click “Start Filing”.
Enter company/personal information and domain name. Please carefully choose the “personal” or “enterprise” filing type according to the website content. If the website content does not match the filing type, it may not be approved according to the regulations of some local administrative bureaus. For related policies, regulations and review procedures, you can call Alibaba Cloud’s record consultation hotline: 95187 ext. 3.
When selecting “Product Type”, there is no need to choose, just check “Existing Service Number for Record”.
Enter your registration service number and click “Verify” to continue. Then follow the prompts and fill in the subject information. If there are multiple websites to submit an application, you can click “Save and continue to add websites” after filling in the website information.
If there is no other website for the record, directly upload the record data.
Download the verification sheet, sign and send the picture.
After completing the submission, submit the record to the preliminary review.
After the preliminary review is passed, log in to the filing system to apply for the curtain, and after receiving the curtain, take a photo and upload the photo for review. Mail the required materials to Alibaba Cloud.
After completing the review by Alibaba Cloud, please wait patiently for the review by the Administration.
After Alibaba Cloud has submitted all the information, please keep your mobile phone open and wait for the administrative bureau to review and notify the filing result (usually within 3-20 working days). The progress of the record can be checked in the Alibaba Cloud record system in real time, and the result will be notified in the form of SMS and email.
Step 4: Once the ICP filing is successful, the filing number issued by the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology will be added to the footer of the website for publicity
According to Article 25 of the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology’s “Administrative Measures for the Filing of Non-commercial Internet Information Services”: Every successful filing website must display the filing number and link it to the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology. Therefore, after adding the ICP filing license number, you must also add a link to the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology’s filing management system website on the filing number http://beian.miit.gov.cn. Otherwise, the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology spot checks that no links have been added, and will be ordered to make corrections and be fined more than 5,000 yuan and less than 10,000 yuan.
Its purpose is also to allow visitors to query the specific record information of the website through the link and increase the authority of the website. After success, you can check your filing information on the official website of the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology.
After the filing is successful, do not change the CNAME record set during the previous operation and filing. Alibaba Cloud will check the website’s filing information in real time and whether it is correctly parsed. If there are errors, omissions or discrepancies, the website’s analysis request will be stopped, and visitors will not be able to access the website.
If you have received a notification from the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology that the submitted filing has been approved, but the website cannot be accessed, this is because the data has not been synchronized. Generally, Alibaba Cloud will receive the notification and update the record status within 7 hours, and open domain name access, please wait patiently.
Example of adding ICP record number in the footer
- How to Successfully Launch Your WeChat Mini Program or Game in China (2023 Updated)
- Achieving China Compliance: A Guide to Filing Trademarks
- Translating Your App for the Chinese Market: A Comprehensive Guide to Ensuring Compliance
- How to Ensure Your Mobile App or Game Complies with Chinese Regulations
- How To Obtain a Mobile App ICP Filing Number in China
- How To Publish My Game In China
- Content Restrictions and Requirements For Publishing Games In China
- Mobile App ICP Filing Process Unveiled by Ministry of Industry and Information Technology
- How to register a .cn domain?
- Trademark registration in China
- Best CDN for China
- What is the China ICP License, and How do I get one?
- Your Netlify Solution for China
- How To Get an ICP (B25) License In China?
- How Much Does It Cost to Host a Website in China?
- Software Copyright Certificates in China
- Didi fined $1.2 billion for breaking China Data Security Laws
- 5 Obligations You Must Follow To Make Your Website Compliant With Chinese Law
- How to Make Your E-commerce Site Compliant with China's GDPR
- The Impact of China's New Personal Privacy Law on International Organizations
- Untold facts about ICP for China and why you should get it.
- 5 Steps to Make Static Sites Live in China
- ICP Getting Started
- Top-level domain Available for China ICP Filing
- DNS Configuration for Sites Deployed with 21YunBox
Unlocking Success: A Comprehensive Guide to B2B Marketing in China
Nov 17, 2023
How to Successfully Launch Your WeChat Mini Program or Game in China (2023 Updated)
Nov 11, 2023
Comprehensive Guide: Testing Your App in China
Nov 1, 2023
Choosing Between CDN and 21YunBox: Navigating the Chinese Market
Oct 27, 2023
Launching Software As A Service (SaaS) In China
Oct 26, 2023